Specialization (Bachelor's degree)
Specialization "Business and Economic Diplomacy in Europe" provides practical knowledge on the functioning of enterprises in the single European market, the possibilities of the use of funds and regulation in the European labor market and knowledge of the law of diplomatic and negotiation techniques in economic diplomacy. "Business and economic diplomacy in Europe" includes European law defining the rules and regulations (regulations) of the common market, free movement of goods, persons, services and capital, setting up and running a business, and the terms and conditions of the common euro currency. Activities of companies outside the European Union regulations also require knowledge of the EU's external policy. Specialization also provides knowledge of the other Member States, with which Polish companies (as well as institutions of public administration, education, higher education, health care, etc.). Establish contacts and cooperation. The economic diplomacy is important to know the structure and functioning of the EU institutions at various levels, as well as international organizations, companies, lobbying firms and economic diplomacy institutions, other entities carrying out diplomatic functions (eg regions), patterns of economic diplomacy, domestic and international economic diplomacy structures. In this sense, economic diplomacy is the answer to the needs of companies operating in a changing economic environment, the EU and the world.
Knowledge and skills
The main objective of this specialization is to prepare professionals - executives at various levels in companies, institutions, including institutions and advisory and consulting offices operating in Poland, as well as on - broadly defined - internationally. At the same time specialization provides its graduates with the specific advantage of understanding and knowledge of the European Union integration process. Graduates Enterprise and economic diplomacy in Europe know include:
- how the EU and its institutions?
- how to achieve the benefits of the operation of all the freedoms of the common market?
- the opportunities to work and set up businesses in all EU Member States are its citizens,
- what is the scope and function as EU programs and funding assistance.
- what is the role and participation of Member States in the EU decision-making?
- how to prepare projects co-financed from EU funds?
- what are the realities of the functioning of companies inside and outside the EU?
- how to conduct effective lobbying at national and European level,
- how the diplomatic missions and other specialized entities to support domestic business sector,
- how to prepare economic texts
In addition, they know marketing techniques, know how to manage the finances of the company and how to prepare business correspondence in foreign languages. They know the kind of work in the institutions of central and local government in Poland and diplomatic protocol and rules of economic diplomacy.
The thematic areas of the selected objects
Specialization "Business and Economic Diplomacy in Europe" is a specialty in the direction of International Economic Relations. Scope of the study is so wide. This includes (besides the basic economic issues) issues the international economy, global, then focused in Europe - the European Union. It focuses on the most important issues of the functioning of society and the economy of the European Union and its member states. The program includes items organized in the following thematic areas:
- General - Economy - Selected Items: macroeconomics, accounting, finance, legal basis, the use of mathematics and economics in the management, grounds management, descriptive statistics, fundamentals of marketing, foreign languages,
- Processes and structures of international (global) - Selected Items: international finance, international business transactions, international economic relations, civil and commercial law in international trade, international marketing, international organizations, international flows of capital,
- Organization of the European Union - the selected objects: European integration, European law, EU labor markets, social policy of the European Union, the EU's foreign trade, financial market integration, the EU's external relations,
- The company in the European Union - the selected objects: a company in the EU, information technology, economic diplomacy, economic policy of the EU, intellectual property protection, corporate strategies in international business, global europe
- EU aid funds - selected articles: European funds, European projects for companies, business environment.
- Economic diplomacy - diplomacy, economic diplomacy and diplomatic law, diplomatic protocol, negotiation techniques in economic diplomacy, economic journalism
Profile of a graduate
The labor market in Poland, there is a huge and growing demand for professionals combining knowledge about the functioning of the common market of the European knowledge economy. Graduates of "Business and Economic Diplomacy in Europe" are employed in consulting firms (consulting services), businesses, universities, EU information centers, ministries, the Polish Agency for Enterprise Development and the EU's administrative offices, state and local governments at various levels including the following positions:
- European advisers and for raising funds from the budget of the European Union - to seek financing and prepare applications for funding and managing European projects,
- advisers training in EU funds (structural)
- committees of experts in evaluating project proposals for funding from the EU budget,
- substantive and administrative staff in the Polish offices at various levels and the EU institutions (European Commission, European Parliament), employees of diplomatic missions.